Monday, December 3, 2007

It's Official!

Today I released this blog to the general public. I've been working (slowly) on it for a few months, but wanted to get some thoughts written down before telling the whole world.

You may have stumbled upon the Federal Wasteland randomly. Perhaps a friend or coworker sent you the link. Maybe I sent it to you myself. Who knows how the information superhighway works. Regardless, let it be noted here:

1. Everything written here is true. My coworkers read it, so I can't lie.

2. Feel free to pass this blog on to anyone (but refrain from using my real name/workplace if you know it, you know, so I don't get fired...). Actually, let me rephrase that: It is your DUTY as an American to send the link on to everyone you know. Technically, you're paying for it.

3. Also go ahead and make comments if you'd like.

4. Now that I've released it to the public, I'll try to update 1-2 times a week, so check back for more on how your tax dollars are being flushed down the drain!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you did last summer

Anonymous said...

Pretty funny! I predict you'll be famous in no time. Your ivy league education (probably an English or philosophy major) shows. I'm a mom of a government contractor whose son thought this funny enough to forward. I especially like your motivational mirror. I'm thinking of putting one up in my family room. Good luck with your next looming career: writer or government supervisor.

Anonymous said...

The city of San Diego supports Federal Wasteland.

Anonymous said...

The city of Dubuque, Iowa supports Federal Wasteland. Eat that San Diego.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for opening it up! As a fellow federal employee, I look forward to reading it.

Anonymous said...

you should do a series on each one of the co-workers you list, if uh, you need more fodder to write about. Would be interested in hearing more about the IT Director who hates your guts and, why. And please clarify if the 9 hour days include an hour for lunch or not.

Anonymous said...

I work from 7am - 4:30 pm so I guess that's 9.5 hours a day with half an hour unpaid for lunch.

Eventually I hope to do profile pieces on all of my coworkers. Thanks for the comments!

Anonymous said...

The ironic thing about this is that you fail to mention that NO ONE can get fired by the Federal Gov't (or at least, it takes several years due to all the red tape)! I realize that you don't want to risk it, and I don't blame you, but can you imagine someone getting fired from the Gov't for excersizing his 1st Amendment rights? Now THAT would be ironic!