Wednesday, July 25, 2007

The Beginning

The day begins with a sighhhhhhhhhhhh. I'm almost an hour late to work, but I don't care because my 3 bosses are out today so no one will notice. Unshaven, wrinkled shirt, flip-flops, uncombed hair - I'd look homeless were it not for the Federal Government ID badge snapped to my belt. How did I get this way? Two plus years of working in the Federal Wasteland.

About me: I'm a 24 year old male. I went to a "Prestigious" University. I worked my ass off for four years, graduated with highest honors, and was the top student in my major (if you saw me now you'd think I was lying). After considering a few job offers, I listened to the urgings of my senior thesis advisor and took a job with the Federal Department where I am currently employed. Here I am two years later, working in the project planning office and trying to figure out if I can take a nap underneath my desk without anyone noticing. I bet I can...

About my workplace: For the purposes of this blog (and so I don't get fired) I won't specifically name the Department or Agency or Bureau I work for. I'll just call it "FederalEntity" from here on out. Sneaky of me, huh? Don't whine and complain because I won't tell you who I am or where I work. That information is completely irrelevant - if you just looked at the staff surrounding me here, we could be any other FederalEntity. The missions of each may be different, but from what I've seen, the monkeys running the show are the same everywhere.

No comments: